The first thing you’ll notice after leaving Balis airport is the shocking number of scooters on Balis roads. Driving a motorbike can be scary, especially in Bali! But sometimes, you just don’t have the choice.
Scooter is the best way to enjoy Bali, particularly in places with narrow streets such as Kuta or Seminyak. If you are a small group, without a tourist guide and you want to discover the area without having a driver, renting scooters is perfect. Here is what you should know if you’re thinking about traveling Bali on a scooter.
1. Where? Scooter rentals can be found almost everywhere.
2. How much? This depends mostly on where you’re hiring the scooter. In Kuta where there is a lot of competition, you can expect to pay about 50,000 Rupiah day ($5.60USD).
3. Check the scooter. Before renting your scooter,make sure the brakes are breaking, the lights are lighting and the horn is honking. Even if the rental guy says Do not worry, you will not need the rear brake! Weeeell Better choose another one then!
4. Put on a helmet. Well, just after renting your scooter, of course!Even if its hot and your hairstyle does not pass, riding without a helmet is really taking an unnecessary risk.
5. Don’t drive too fast.Mom also says it all the time! And she is right Bali is full of dogs, frogs, holes in the road All of which do not necessarily leave you time to slow down before appearing.
My trip by bike was unforgettable! Bali roads are super beautiful and green! But there was something not really good thing that happened to me. Yes! I fell down from the bike. I was going down from the hill. And in front of me come out a group of kids. Everything happened too fast!
It was kind a serious inquires, but thanks god behind of me was driving one couple from Germany. They helped me with bandages to cover my wounds. I was shocked for a few minutes and then realized nothing really bad happened.
I was Ok and I continued my trip. Just wanna say if you gonna travel by bike you have to be ready everything may happen to you. Just be brave and stay calm.